Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 13, 2011

“Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.” Ephesians 4:29, NLT~
     Do you ever stop and think about what just came out of your mouth? Most of the time we do not. Talking is part of our everyday life. We talk about our day, the things we doing or want to do. But sometimes we talk about others (gossip).  The language we use sometimes is not the best. Even our attitudes when we talk could give the other person(s) the wrong message.
     So what are we to do about the most lethal weapon we all have? TAMED IT! Yes, tamed it! Your tongue can hurt more than a knife through the heart, more than a slap on the face even more than a bullet wound. Our words can encourage our friends or drive them to do something senseless.
     I personally don’t like people that use foul language to describe something simple or funny. I wish I could carry with a bar of soap so I can wash their mouth every time they use foul language. What happen to be polite when we talk to others? Just because you don’t like someone or they have been mean you have to refer to them with derogatory words and talk about them.  Where are our manners these days?
     Someone once told me that she wish her kids were more polite. The solution to this: 1) be an example. Kids are really paying attention to everything we say and do. Look at your children as a reflection of yourself. If they are acting different you may want to find out where they are listening to that kind of foul language. 2) Talk to your kids about the language they use. Ask them if they will like to be talk to using that kind of language.
     I do admit some things get to me and my tone of voice and attitude is not the best. I also find it kind of hard to apologize. But I know GOD is not done with me yet. I do consider myself one of HIS masterpieces that still need a little work here and there to be perfect.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Would you use your tongue to encourage others or to put them down? Would you let anger and frustration get the best of you? Are you going to let your tongue make you stumble in your Christian walk?

No comments:

Post a Comment